Join us for an unforgettable language immersion adventure to Buenos Aires. This isn’t your typical tour. This is an immersive student adventure.
August 23rd to Sept 3rd. Experience Buenos Aires as a native with the help of our teacher esteemed teacher Fernando. He will guide us around his hometown stopping in at his favorite delicious lunch spots, on excursions to the rustic countryside to eat BBQ with Argentinian gauchos (cowboys) and out at night to local tango shows and hot spots. You will also have a mix of private and group Spanish classes at culturally immersive locations like cafes and wine bars.
Once, the Spanish philosopher Julián Marías said: “The Argentines are among you, but they are not like you. Don’t try to know them, because their soul live in the inextricable world of duality.” “… The Argentines are Italians who speak Spanish. They expect American salaries, and live like the British. They give French speeches and vote like Senegalese. They think like leftists and live like bourgeois. They praise the Canadian undertaking and have a Bolivian organization. They admire the Swiss order but practice an Iraqi disorder. ¡They are a mystery!”
In the past Strommen trips have been available only to individual students that requested a tailored vip cultural experience. We have taken a few lucky students on trips by train across China, to Paris and Rome. Join us, and a handful of other students for our first official Strommen student trip to Argentina!
We want you to have fun but also enjoy a rich cultural experience. For that reason attendance is optional to all of our events during your trip, but we
have a feeling you will make it to everything we have planned. The only thing not included is your airfare (so that you can pick the best flight for your needs or use miles). Currently Airfare to Argentina from August 23rd to Sept 3rd is around $900 dollars.
The package includes:
- 11 nights at a great condo in the Del Polo area of BA. Amenities include Sauna, Fitness Center, Solarium, Spa, Massage, Indoor Pool. Check in August 23rd check out Sept 3rd. These are small condos with kitchens. Breakfast and maid service can be arranged if needed.
- Spanish Classes (Attendance to all classes optional) – Mix of private classes and a group classes most days at fun locations over wine or coffee depending on the time of day.
- 1 all day excursion to the countryside. We will experience the life of the gauchos (South American cowboys) visiting one of the first “gaucho” towns, San Antonio de Areco. We’ll visit the town and historic buildings, the craftsman’s workshop and we’ll visit a farm where a traditional Argentine barbecue will be served. There will be a horse ride and some gaucho games
- 1 tango night – Watch tango in the city it was created. A tango show & dinner are included.
- 3 Group Meals (plus Tango Night meal) – at local spots chosen by Fernando. Empanadas anyone?
- Cocktails – 2 planned stops for Cocktails
- Tours – Fernando will show us around his hometown and give us a lay of the land that only a local can give.
- Museum Entrance fees for the tours
- Bus train and subway card for transportation
Total fees (not including airfare): $2,699* – please note if sharing a condo the fee will be significantly less per person. Please contact us or call for more info 323 638 9787 You can also read the reviews from students that went last year here and here.
Deadline for non-refundable $500 deposit June 1st*
[nicepaypallite name=”Non-refundable Argentina trip deposit” amount=”500″ value=”Non-refundable Argentina trip deposit”]
*Please remember there is no airfare included. Students will meet at the condos on Aug 23rd. Upon payment of deposit we will email you a detailed information packet with tips on purchasing airfare. There are absolutely no refunds on deposits or travel package purchase. By purchasing you agree to our full terms and conditions of this trip read here.
Deadline for payment in Full July 1st.
About Fernando, the teacher and tour guide:
Even though life brought me to different places, I’ve spent most of my time in Buenos Aires, where I was born and raised. Buenos Aires is my hometown and I am looking forward to taking you to all the places that I love.
As a child, I attended one of the oldest and most prestigious schools in Buenos Aires, founded in 1884 by Alexander Watson Hutton, a Scottish teacher and sportsman considered “The Father of Argentine Football”. As you may or may not know we love football (or soccer) in Argentina.
Those early days were hard days in Argentina, with years of dictatorship that included a war. Democracy came back when I started high school, and a few years later, being passionate about literature -that secret world made of words, I decided to study Journalism at an institution just a couple of blocks from the Argentine Congress.
I finally became a journalist, and, like many youngsters and young adults, I decided to travel and experience life in different places, which took me from living in charming Patagonia to working in a Cruise, and crossing the Atlantic Ocean to live in Amsterdam for a couple of years, after a brief period in Sitges.
But my heart was longing for my country, my own roots. The new millennium brought me back to Buenos Aires. Once back, I studied photography and I became a professional photographer, working in this field for several years. But my passion for language was still there, so I decided to take creative writing classes and, with the huge arrival of tourism to Buenos Aires I started to work with private tutoring, which I continue doing currently in Los Angeles. I have also been the recipient of two awards in Argentina for two of my short stories in 2005 and 2007. I look forward to having you visit beautiful Buenos Aires with me to learn the language and the culture!