Best Hebrew textbooks
Strømmen has the very best language teachers and tutors, over the last 15 years we have used our experience to select the very best Hebrew text books. These textbooks can be used with your Strømmen Hebrew teacher, or used for self study. Our Hebrew teachers use many approaches.
Modern Hebrew for Beginners: A Multimedia Program for Students at the Beginning and Intermediate Level
Modern Hebrew for Beginners offers high school, college, and independent-study students a state-of-the-art learning experience. This combination text- and workbook is designed to be used with web-based audio, visual, and interactive materials to give students multiple learning opportunities suited to a variety of learning styles. This allows intense practice of all four language skills: reading, writing, listening comprehension, and conversation.
Esther Raizen introduces the basic concepts of Hebrew through a wide variety of written and oral exercises in this text, many of which link to the website’s computer tutorials and short original films based on contemporary Israeli life and society. She emphasizes the spoken language, while also paying attention to various aspects of normative grammar, of the written language, and of cultural elements associated with Hebrew. With this variety of materials and the capacity for continuous updating via the website, teachers and students will find this book endlessly adaptable and highly suitable for self-paced training.
Hebrew For Dummies 1st Edition
Whether you want to communicate with your Israeli cousins, understand Jewish prayers and sacred literature, impress your Jewish in-laws, or you’re planning a trip to Israel, this book/audio package can help. In no time, you’ll:
- Master Hebrew sounds and rhythms
- Understand basic grammar and usage
- Get a handle on the Hebrew alphabet
- Make small-talk, and most everyday transactions
- Discover the basics of Hebrew blessings and prayer
- Gain insights into Hebrew culture and traditions
Each chapter of Hebrew For Dummies is organized around a specific set of activities—such as eating, traveling, shopping, and asking directions—and gives you the lowdown on all the Hebrew you’ll need to get by. Topics covered include:
- Eating, going shopping, having fun, sports, hobbies, talking on the phone, communicating around the office, and other everyday activities
- Hebrew for travelers, including transportation, hotels, money changing, asking directions, and handling emergencies
- Sacred Hebrew, including reading the Bible and prayer books, blessing formulas, sacred rites and services, and more
The enclosed audio CD let’s you pick up Hebrew the easy way—through actual conversations. It features:
- Dialogues by native Hebrew speakers
- Answers to the Fun & Games activities in the book
The fun, easy way to master basic Hebrew, this book will quickly get you on track with the language skills you need to speak and read Hebrew like a native.