Best Italian textbooks
Strømmen has the very best language teachers and tutors, over the last 15 years we have used our experience to select the very best Spanish text books. These textbooks can be used with your Strømmen Spanish teacher, or used for self study. Our Spanish teachers use many approaches.
Table of Contents
Best Italian textbooks for all levels
Prego! An Invitation to Italian (Student Edition) 6th Edition
This text provides an introduction to the fundamental structure of contemporary Italian language and its culture. This edition contains four new cultural collages which trace four topics, such as “The City”, up to the present day.
Best Italian textbooks for beginners
Ultimate Italian Beginner-Intermediate (Coursebook) (Ultimate Beginner-Intermediate) 1st Edition
• 40 lessons with lively dialogues including the most common and useful idiomatic expressions.
• English translations and explanations of Italian grammar and usage, pronunciation, vocabulary, and cultural notes.
• Quizzes and review sections to check your progress.
• A complete summary of Italian grammar, and verb charts covering all major tenses.
• An extensive two-way glossary.
Easy Italian Reader, Premium 2nd Edition: A Three-Part Text for Beginning Students (Easy Reader Series) 2nd Edition
Easy Italian Reader Premium is based on the premise that the best way to learn a language is to start reading it, immediately. Suitable for raw beginners to intermediate-level language learners, the new premium edition of this bestselling title features engaging readings of progressive difficulty that allow you to rapidly build comprehension. Available online the flashcard sets of new vocabulary for every reading and a 1,500 entry digital glossary.
- Quickly build comprehension
- Listen to audio recordings of more than 50 readings from the book available online and on the app
- Record your answers to review questions, then compare your pronunciation to native speakers
Best intermediate to advanced Italian textbooks
Complete Italian Grammar (Practice Makes Perfect) (Italian Edition) 1st Edition
The only way to boost your confidence in a second language is to practice, practice, practice. From the present tense of regular verbs to direct object pronouns, this comprehensive guide and workbook covers all aspects of Italian grammar that you need to master.
Focusing on the practical aspects of Italian as it’s really spoken, each unit ofPractice Makes Perfect: Complete Italian Grammar features clear explanations, numerous realistic examples, and lots of engaging exercises.
Practice Makes Perfect: Complete Italian Grammar makes mastering grammar easy with:
- Clear, down-to-earth, easy-to-follow explanations that make even the most complex principles easy to understand
- Example sentences that illustrate and clarify each grammatical point
- Dozens of exercises in formats suited to every learning style
- Practical and high-frequency vocabulary used throughout
- A detailed answer key for quick, easy progress checks
Easy Italian Step-by-Step 1st Edition
Your quickest route to learning Italian is through a solid grounding in grammar basics. Now don’t be put off by the “G-word.” What you won’t find in this book is a lot of repetitive drills. Instead, you get an original, step-by-step approach to learning Italian based on the way people naturally acquire language.
From the very beginning, you are introduced to the most essential structures–allowing you to communicate in Italian almost immediately. Gradually, through a series of interconnected “steps,” you logically progress to more common concepts that govern how Italian is spoken and written. And along the way you are introduced to hundreds of carefully selected verbs and vocabulary words presented on the basis of how often they are used in everyday Italian.
Guaranteed to get you quickly up and running with the knowledge and skills you need to communicate in Italian with confidence, Easy Italian Step-by-Step features:
- A unique “building-block” approach to mastering essential grammar, verbs, and vocabulary
- Down-to-earth explanations of important rules and concepts
- Hundreds of frequently used verbs and key terms a beginner should know
- Exercises to test what you’ve learned and measure progress
- Engaging readings that help you hone your skills in everyday contexts
A fresh approach for English-speaking students of Italian, which correlates authentic Italian texts from a wide variety of sources to handy grammar files in English, brings the student into direct contact with the Italian language.
A panorama of Italian life and customs revealed through literature, advertising, comic strips, anecdotes, contemporary news articles on art, cooking, history and society at large, offers a comprehensive view of Italian culture.