Looking for the most authentic, and best restaurants in Trastevere? This list was created as a supplement to our list of the best restaurants in Rome, for those of you staying in Trastevere. After you eat, make sure to stop by Bar San Callisto for a caffe or digistivo and soak in the gritty atmosphere. Trastevere is a beautiful, albeit sometimes loud, part of Rome well known for its late night bars. This is a truly Roman part of the city, with some of its realest characters. Why not eat where they eat?
BEST RESTAURANTS IN TRASTEVERE:
- Dar Poeta: A 4-min walk from Santa Maria in Trastevere. Address: Vicolo del Bologna, 45, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
- Trattoria da enzo al 29: Via dei Vascellari, 29, 00153 Roma RM, Italy. Perhaps our favorite on this list.
- Checco er carettiere: Via Benedetta, 10, 00153 Roma RM, Italy. Another great spot for Roman dishes. Great atmosphere.
- Enoteca ferrara: Piazza Trilussa, 41, 00153 Roma RM, Italy. Contemporary & intimate restaurant for Italian cuisine & a huge, considered wine list.
- Peppo al cosimato: Via Natale del Grande, 9, 00153 Roma RM, Italy. Laid-back neighborhood kitchen known for its pizza & simple, seafood-based pastas & entrees.
- La tavernaccia da bruno: Via Giovanni da Castel Bolognese, 63, 00153 Roma RM, Italy. Cozy tavern serving up homestyle pasta & Roman meat dishes in a space with exposed brick arches.
- Dalù: Via della Gensola, 58 a, 00153 Roma RM, Italy. Refined restaurant serving imaginative dishes & wine in a brick-lined, contemporary ambiance.
- Tonnarello: Via della Paglia, 1/2/3, 00153 Roma RM, Italy. Casual stop for Roman pasta, & other simple Roman dishes, plus patio seating & acoustic guitar.
Looking for some more Spots in Rome? Check out our post about Garrett’s favorite’s. Make sure to get some pizza and olive bread from Antico Forno Roscioli for example! In the meantime, this list of the best restaurants in Trastevere should keep you busy!
Want a delicious Carbonara now? Check out our video on how to make an easy, and authentic Carbonara at home.
Coatto (Adj.) is one of those slang Italian words that are fun to discover and that provide a window into Italian culture. The word Coatto doesn’t
How to start learning Italian – What are the first 3 phrases you should learn? After reading this you will know the key to start
Looking for a fun lesson plan to encourage conversation in your Italian lesson? Try this game. I have been teaching Italian to students of all
What is the meaning of the Italian word bonjourno? First of all, you came to the right place if you are wondering what bonjourno means.
I always teach my students how to order food in Italian because it is a situation where you will definitely speak, and knowing how it