Looking for some activities in Rome that are not Touristy?
Take a look at our list below:
1) Hotel Eitch Borromini rooftop bar that has to be booked in advance.
Details: Via di Santa Maria dell’Anima, 30. Tel: 06 686 1425. Reservations A MUST. Open daily (in season, i.e. from April – October) from 6:30 or 7pm until 1am.
2) Have the famous espresso at the small Sant’Eustachio coffee bar near Piazza Navona: Piazza Sant’Eustachio 81
3) Gelato at Bar Ciampini in Piazza San Lorenzo in Lucina. They have outdoor tables, but it can be pricey to sit and be served there, kind of a scene.
4) Church of the Bones, Piazza Barberini 5) Visit the Mithraeum at San Clemente
6) The underground Catacombs on Via Appia.
7) The keyhole at the Knights of Malta door with view of St. Peter’s dome, at the intersection of via di S. Sabina and via di Porta Lavernale on the Aventine hill. Next to that is also Giardino degli Aranci, with a really cute drinking fountain with a wolf head spout.
8) Visit the Fontanone and the promenade on the Gianicolo Hill above Trastevere.
9) Rent the electric bicycle carts (or other bikes) in Villa Borghese, near the Pincio lookout above Piazza del Popolo.
10) Street Food is becoming kind of big in Rome, Erin and I love Trapizzino, locations here:
11) head to the Mercato Centrale at the Termini train station but have heard it is a must-do. You can try Trapizzino there and other things too.
12) If you are cat lovers, Largo Torre Argentina has a cat sanctuary and lots of kitties can be seen in and around the ruins of the square, which is also where Julius Caesar was actually assassinated.